Friday, September 29, 2006

Dirty girls

Tonight, as Penny was kind of whining at dinner, I said, "Hey Penelope. Do you want to take a bath?" Actually, I was trying to figure out how much of what I say she understands.

So Carolyn, queen of the baths, says: Bath? How about me? I want to take a bath. Bath? You said "bath," right?

And then she says...

"I'm stinky too."

Sure Carolyn. You can take a bath. I wouldn't want you to walk around being stinky.

And just because I can't blog without saying so, my computer is still sick. Now, it's absurdly expensively sick. Maybe dying. Poor sick, expensive computer. Alas, poor Mac! I knew him Horatio.

3 comments:

slmcanal said...

I can't believe you haven't gotten your computer back yet. Hope it gets well soon.

Anonymous said...

Hi from a fellow Normalite ...
I stumbled upon your blog and your great car-free story, when I realized, "Hey, I actually recognize these people!" So I had to say hello. I think we (my husband and toddler son) have run into you a few times around town. I want to say Coffee Hound, Garlic Press? We also frequently stroll to downtown Normal (we live south of ISU) and can't wait for Coffee Hound to open down there. Maybe we could take a stroll together sometime with the kids? Henry is 15 months and loves other little people very much ...

How is this for a weird, internet-age way to propose a playdate? :)

Christine said...

This is for emilie,
How cool is this? I totally know you and Henry. You were one of the first families we talked to upon moving to Normal and both times we saw you, my husband and I said, "They seem really nice."

I'm totally down for a playdate/stroll. Shoot me an e-mail when you get some time.
cciwan33@yahoo.com

I, also, am pretty excited about a Normal Coffee Hound. My husband said he thought it would open in about a month!