Friday, March 05, 2010

What mediocrity feels like



In just a few short weeks, I'll be done with my first session of nursing school. One down. Four to go.

This is good news and it seems like passing won't be the problem I originally expected. But after this brutal week of tests, it seems I'm getting a 89 percent average on tests in two classes.

OH MY GOD... An 89 percent!!!!

Steve tells me my insane desire to get all As all the time is, well, insane. Whether I get As or Cs in all my classes has very little bearing on my nursing career (unless there's a grad school in my future, which Steve tells me is just simply not the case) but I can't help but feel getting all As is the only acceptable route.

I might be more open to Bs if I wasn't carrying a strong A in the class I had thought would be the hardest. Of course I'm speaking of pathophysiology. That's right. I'm a super nerd.

Speaking of nerds, tell me this isn't the finest grouping you've ever seen. Last day of clinicals. I'm free. I'm free (for a few days). I'm finally free....

3 comments:

Julia M. said...

89% is hardly mediocre! Congrats on getting through your brutal week. And that's a super cute picture of you and your classmates.

Also, related to your small liver comment a few posts ago - I was just reading about how drinking wine every day is good for you, so maybe your liver is healthy because you've been keeping it "in shape" ;) What do you think -- a scientifically sound theory?

The Jacobs said...

Enjoy the break and continue "exercising" that liver! Please have a few for me!

Christine said...

I'm drinking to both of you right now. I want to make sure I'm taking very good care of my tiny liver : )

I just got my grade for my last test. 89 percent. WTF. Am I doomed to forever border greatness. Ah well. Great people probably can't drink as much as I do.

Also, I meant to say, "One down. Three to go." When one learns about the complicated mechanisms of the body, one is not required to do simple math.

Dana... I'm going to e-mail you because I want to hear how it's going?