Saturday, January 01, 2011

We must protect this house!

Well, I vowed to blog more, so here it is. I started the day with a 4-mile jog in 20 degrees. Brrr... But I have to say, running in that weather sort of makes me feel like a real bad ass. And that is a fine attitude for this time of year when I'm studying for NCLEX. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....

Yesterday, in true "Me" style, I was asleep before midnight. But I did take the kids to the Children's Museum for a New Year's countdown at noon. I thought, "this should be fun." So did 1,057 other people. It was a wee bit crowded and annoying.

I kept losing the girls because they're not used to it being so busy and they just kind of wandered off. And I had this constant feeling I was being exposed to sickness. I could only take 90 minutes before I was like, "HOME!!! NOW!!!" Maybe it's good training for Disney, which we leave for in five days. Woohoo.

Well, I'm off to sit in front of the television. God bless New Year's Day. It's even more awesome when you're not hung over.

2 comments:

Eric and Julie said...

How did Santa bring the Disney tickets?
It was raining here New Year's Eve, so we went to the mall, like everyone else. Then, we went to a movie. I made the boys use hand sanitizer before they could eat popcorn. I'm practicing to be one of those embarrassing moms!

Christine said...

We did a scavenger hunt with suitcases, princess dresses and balloons. It was fun. I think embarrassing mom is an honorable goal. My goal is meanest mommy. I eventually want to be called Meanest Mommy in the Universe include planets that have not yet been discovered. I stole that.