Monday, May 09, 2011

Mother's Day



For Mother's Day, the girls woke me up at 6 a.m. Carolyn made me a breakfast of Cheerio's, yogurt, milk and a cookie. She watched to make sure I ate every bite.

The cards were nice. The flowers were nice. Chocolates? Yes. Very nice. But my favorite part of Mother's Day was spending some time with the girls, doing what we love to do.

For Carolyn, this was a 3 mile bike ride while I ran behind her. It was a lovely day as we ran/biked along the trail. We ended up at the playground where Steve had packed a picnic lunch.

Later, Penny and I went shopping. We bought some gifts. I bought some shirts. She got a shirt. I took a picture with her and a mannequin she thought was especially beautiful.



The day was not all sunshine. Residual exhaustion, coupled with a few too-strong margaritas, left me feeling a bit defeated. But we are left with these images to remember this Mother's Day. And even a song from Penny's Sunday school class. See how cute...


2 comments:

Julia M. said...

I think Penny was the only one who had the choreography down for their song;)

Christine said...

It's sign language. She has learned a TON of sign language this year. They have a program at, you guessed it, Metcalf, for deaf children that integrates the classes. She's learned so much it makes me wish a certain auntie lived nearby who could teach her one of the dozen or so languages she knows : )