Sunday, May 06, 2012

Learning about life

I screwed Carol over not once, but twice this weekend. First, I had the wrong time of her soccer match and she missed half the game. Then, I briefly told her about how kids from First Communion could wear their fancy outfits to church this Sunday. She said she didn't want to, and I didn't press her on it, but then those kids got to go the front of the church, got applause and helped crown Mary.

I felt really bad about both things.

To the soccer game issue, Carol was fine. It was like 85 degrees and I think she was secretly happy not to play a whole game.

To the second, I think she did feel a little bad. But she said, "Don't worry mom. I don't care. All they got was a better view of Mary."

This from a girl I scream at, like, twice a day for much lesser offenses. God love this girl, going out of her way to make me feel better when I screwed up.

Maybe I can learn a thing or two about being a good person from this lovely girl. Thanks Carol, for being the best kid ever.

No comments: