Saturday, March 23, 2013

How does this always happen?

It's Saturday morning and the kids are like, "Mom!! How do you spell Diablo?" or "Mom!!! What did we do after we ate lunch on Wednesday?" or "Mom!! I want to eat. I want to eat. I want to eat."

So... Any hope of sitting on the couch for 5 minutes with Pinterest is completely lost. So I make breakfast, send Steve to the gym (and the grocery store, so don't think I'm no saint or nothin') and organize a very pleasant project of coloring plants and flower and birds and butterflies. We are jamming to Taylor's Swift's "Red" album and doing art and I'm not even upset that I lost my 5 minutes of couch time.

Then, just as I'm getting ready to try out a cute new hairdo on Penny, the girls are headed downstairs for some sister/Barbie time.

So I start putting away the art and cleaning the kitchen and picking up the newspaper all over the house... and I realize this....

I'm still listening to Taylor Swift. And singing out loud. How does this always happen?

"And loving him was Red..... "

1 comment:

Eric and Julie said...

I recently woke up at 3am with "you found me, you found me, you found me e e e e" in my head. Could not get back to sleep! I've found myself still coloring before I realize that Henry moved on to something else ten minutes ago.