Friday, August 01, 2008

School days

After all my fretting about preschool (rather my fretting about Carolyn not going to preschool because I waited too long to get her in the school I could A) afford and B) walk to), I simply called the director today and asked if Carolyn could be put in the 5-year-old program.

Sure, the director said. No problem!

I'm so pleased. Carolyn just finished her summer program yesterday, and I have to say, she's really turned a corner in the last few months. The teachers gushed about how social and happy she is. During the class performance (they sang a few songs) Carolyn was right out in front. Her teachers said she loves to sing and is destined for Broadway.

I just think Carolyn will love preschool. And bonus, the class is four days a week right during Penny's nap. No excuse for not being published in the New York Times now...

2 comments:

The Jacobs said...

That's awesome about preschool. No surprises that you have a little genius and diva on your hands! Can't believe she's this old already.

I answere your camper question on my blog, but just in case - no, we don't have one but are considering buying one.

slmcanal said...

Tell Carolyn I'm really excited for her.