Friday, June 25, 2010

B's get degrees

In nursing school, we say this to ourselves a lot. On particularly bad weeks, we change it to "C's get degrees."

But secretly, we all (most of us because I'm sure there's at least two non A-type personalities in this program) feel like failures with anything less than an A. At this time, I'll stop using the word "we." When I got straight B's this session, I didn't feel like a failure, but I did feel like I would have liked at least one A. I also felt a huge relief that I passed because this session was a real bitch.

So it was sort of like Christmas morning today when I got an announcement that some lost extra-credit has affected the grades of two students and I saw one of those students was ME!!! I got an A in Adult 2, totally the hardest class I've had yet. And it's 7 credits! That's huge.

I'm enjoying my four-day holiday by not doing much of anything. Well, I'm carting the girls off to swimming practice, taking them to the pool for some fun, hanging out with my mom who's come to visit and then going to T-ball practices. And I finished my fun book already ("The Curious Case of the Dog in the Night," which I really enjoyed). And I went running. Had a picnic in the park. Going to the pool again later today.

But other than that, I'm taking it easy. Gotta enjoy these days off, right!

1 comment:

Julia M. said...

Yeah, once I heard that in Med school the straight A students are meant for research, the B students for teaching and the C students are the ones who actually become practicing doctors. Anyway, the point is that the people who get straight A's (if there are any) aren't necessarily the best with patients. (I could be mixing this up with law school or something, but I think the point still holds...) And when's the last time that you, as a patient, thought to ask for your nurse's GPA? All right, I've rambled on for long enough. The point is - great job! (And congrats on the promotion from B to A in your hardest class!)