Saturday, August 25, 2012

School days... With homework


School's back in session. The lovely Gardner girls are adjusting to their new grades.

Penny is in first grade, so she has explained that there is very little free time for playing. Except on Fridays, which are either Free play Fridays or Free fun Fridays. I don't remember. It also means a locker... To decorate. Also, she said her neck hurt from sitting at a desk all day.

For Carol, it means going to classes on a whole different floor. A combination lock for her locker. And sneakers just for gym, which I forgot to buy and then spent WAY too much money on at Von Maur. It also means a morning journal. When I asked Carol what was in it, she said, "It's private." When I asked if her teacher would read it, she said, "Just barely, to make sure we're doing it and the words make sense. But just barely."

I told her about this blog and how it was sort of like my journal. I asked what she wrote about, and she said whatever. "Just whatever I'm thinking about then." I told her I didn't write much on my blog anymore. She said I should. I agreed. So I told her I'd write 5 days a week, just like she does.

Then I asked how much she had to write. She said six to eight sentences. Hmmm. I can do that... I think...

No comments: