Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Happy Days

Well, not really. My dad's health situation continues on its path of grimness, so I wanted to share some very happy moments.

Carolyn started preschool today. Since she attended the summer program, it was pretty anticlimactic but still cool because she's in this program for a full year, they're using the big classroom and Carolyn was an old pro. Penelope and I went to the park (translate: I was once again blowing off work) to enjoy the super nice fallish weather we were having today. This first picture looks like a 3-year-old clone of my sister-in-law Monica.



Also, I received a perfect score on my first anatomy and physiology quiz, which is quite a feat. I was the only person at my lab table to get a 100 percent. I'm queen of the table, I was quick to tell them.

Carolyn and Penelope love each other very much and are best friends.



Schnuck's grocery store just today opened it's new store, which is about a mile from our house and right off the bike trail. I'll be able to take my bike to grocery shopping!!! Hurray. I've been waiting for this for a long time. I can totally shop as I go rather than stock up for a full week or more. My mostly car-free lifestyle is complete.

The girls and I WILL be going this afternoon...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey! you know, up until yesterday, I always thought the #2 reason that staying home is easier than working was a typo...why would your child cry when he has to LEAVE daycare? Now I know. Cuz they have cool toys, and other kids, and bunnies and turtles. And mean mom is just going to make me eat food and take a nap. Took me a good five minutes to get Isaac buckled in yesterday, after repeated attemtps to slither out of the carseat. And the tears, oh my. Anyway, sounds like the girls are doing well. Funny that they look so different from each other, but both are adorable! Hope your dad is doing better.