Monday, October 15, 2007

Oh so busy

I just can't get caught up. On top of the kids and cooking and school and work and traveling (thankfully over now) and oh-how-I-hate-you laundry, Steve and I went and got cable.
So now I'm forced to catch up on three missing years of the Comedy Channel. Did you know South Park is still funny?
We've been without cable for about three years now, and frankly, I'm a little disappointed it's back. For one, not having cable gave us this great "oh, we're so sophisticated we don't need television" one-up over other people. And two, we don't use cable to give us access to the history channel or book review channel or anything even mildly intellectual.
No. I like the Soap Network. And music videos. Basically anything where hot people are prancing around saying stupid things. That's my idea of prime entertainment.
So we've gone from pretension to jaw-dropping morons in one-fell swoop.
But I will say this for paid television. It's so much clearer than the little rabbit ears on top of the TV. I can't tell you how many times it took me the better part of a first half to get an acceptable view of a football game.
So there you have it. If you call me in the next few weeks and I don't answer the phone, know that I'm catching up on the new reality show where some woman named tequila tries to find true love with a straight man or a lesbian woman. Seriously, you can't get that on network.

1 comment:

slmcanal said...

Cable gets old pretty fast. It's nice to have at first so you can see all the neat things that are offered... but after awhile, it gets sort of monotonous and you don't care if you watch or not. Except when there is something really good on, like a movie, or a rerun of a show you once loved. So it's nice to have for when you want (need?) it. Don't worry, you won't become a junkie. You've discovered too many other wonderful things to do and will forego the boob toob easily.
I love your blog.