Thursday, October 25, 2007

The wrath of cable

I'm in the kitchen making a feast. For who? Well my 90-pound Aunt Sandy. Anyhow, I'm in the midst of making the frosting for my one-day-to-be-famous butter cream frosting cake (OK, it's a Cook's Illustrated recipe, but it'll be famous in my family with its POUND AND A HALF of butter) when I hear laughing in the living room

What? The girls aren't trying to murder each other. I let it go... Turns out, Carolyn had found her new favorite show on our cable-accessible television — America's Funniest Home Videos. The LOVE it. I don't so much mind the laughter, but I kind of cringe at the-applause.

Earlier today, I put a dress on Carolyn my mother-in-law got her a few weeks ago. Carolyn's dress shoes had outgrown her (she complained about them the last time she wore a dress) so I got out these shoes I bought last Spring at Meijer. They were originally $22, but I got two pair for $5 (buy one pair, get the other free, or something like that) and I had kind of forgotten what they looked like, only that they were brown.

Tell me these shoes weren't made for this dress... Amazing.



Also, here's a picture of Penelope. I just told my mom today that I'm ready to cut her hair, but when I see pictures of her, I just don't know if I can do it.

No comments: