Monday, February 18, 2008

Fantastic birthday

Carolyn had a lovely birthday, thank goodness. She was feeling much better so we went to the zoo during a break in the rain and when temps were in the upper 40s. We were the first people there, so the sea lions entertained us (presumably for fish we did not have, but we still appreciated their show) and a wallabee jumped right in front of us. It was great. In the afternoon, the weather turned and it was really yucky, so we felt lucky to get out while we did.
I also didn't take Carolyn's annual birthday pics (wearing the same grown up dress so we can compare ages 1 to 16) because I wanted to make sure a snotty picture wasn't part of the posterity. I think I'll do it tomorrow.
But I did take a few pictures. Here they are.


1 comment:

Eric and Julie said...

A big Happy Birthday to Carolyn! And what a beautiful birthday cake, what flavor did she choose?

How did she get to be 4 already??

Julie, Eric & Isaac