Thursday, February 07, 2008

I'm two. Do what I say, dammit

Penelope has embraced her two-ness. She can have a tantrum that gets everybody in the house involved. Today, she cried for he last 30 minutes before taking a nap. A woman driving past us as we walked Carolyn home from school took one look at us, felt immense pity and shook her head.
Not enough pity to offer a ride or anything, but enough for judging.
If only there were a term to describe Penelope's terrible two-ness. If only...
Anyhow, it gets easier and easier to ignore these episodes. I can totally tune out her screeches as she heaves blocks against the door of her room during punishment time.
Yesterday, I sent her to her room where she wailed and cried. I sat on the couch and picked up something to read.
About 30 seconds later, Carolyn came over to me.
"I love you mommy," she said kindly. "But could you go get Penny."
Sure honey, I told her, giving her a little hug. I realize not everybody is as callous as me.

No comments: