Friday, September 25, 2009

Enough with the second child stuff

Sooooo... It appears Penny started preschool.

It was about four weeks ago. And yet, it goes un-noted. There are, for sure, lots of reasons why. Grandpa's dying. Umm... well... I guess that was the main reason.

That and Penny was born the second, more unloved child. Poor Steve forgot the camera the first day of school and took this rather abrupt picture after class.


So yes, it's a case of the "done that/been there" parenting style.

But here's a little insight into our dear Penelope, beginning with an anecdote about her sister (of course). We still need to grill Carolyn daily on her comings and goings. I really have no idea what kindergarten is like for her.

For Penny, she openly recounts every detail of her day. A little mishap with a boy, who took all the baby dolls when she decided to take one anyway, could end up into a 10-minute story. I'm thinking this openness might be a result of asking more educated questions, but I'm positive Penny is more of a storyteller than her older sister.

Since I'm negligent about recording the history of my second child, I'm definitely making up for it by over-enrolling her in activities. We spend most of our mornings attending various activities (swimming, music, preschool) and are pretty worn out come the end of the week.

But on the plus side, Penny knows what a "glissando" is.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Trust me, Penny will not go unnoticed.She has that certain something.

Eric and Julie said...

I didn't know what a "glissando" was. It's always nice to learn something new from a 3-year old. And at least you got some sort of picture from her first day. Everybody on FB was posting pictures that week (after the boys started their new rooms) and that's when it occurred to me that taking a picture would have been a good idea.

Grandma G said...

How cute! She is our little Ivy League girl?