Monday, November 02, 2009

Halloween, part 3

Here it is. An end to the month-long Halloween celebration at our house. Sure it's been fun endlessly planning the outfits Penelope will where, when she will wear them, how cute she will look wearing them and if maybe she shouldn't wear some other costume. But it's over, at least for the next 11 months.

Even Steve and I got into the spirit. The girls said I should be a rock star, like Hannah Montana. I tried to tell them gently that Hannah Montana was not a look I could achieve, but I could do a mildly interesting rocker girl with spiky mohawk. The problem was, my wardrobe errs more on the side of soccer mom than rock star, so it was just a barely passable rendition, which the girls kept saying looked JUST like Hannah Montana (they have never actually seen the show, so I guess I should have just nodded politely and said thanks).

Truthfully, it turned out to be more sleazy barfly than rock star, if there's actually a difference.


The girls were Princess Penelope and Rapunzel, which I felt sort of proud to tell people because it's a character from literature, and not Disney literature but the good old-fashioned kind. But I would have paid cash for something not princessy. Skeleton. Witch. Slutty cheerleader. Anything without a tiara.



But princess it was, and of course, they were adorable. We got just enough (too much) candy. And mostly good chocolate stuff. For the first time, the girls actually went up to the doors by themselves. And we had fun hanging out together. And eating candy.

The good chocolate kind.

3 comments:

slmcanal said...

I LOVE Halloween! And the princess thing is nationwide, I think... The little 4-year-old girl next door has about 10 princess dresses. Wears a different one every day. She was Ariel for halloween. But Princess Penelope takes the prize!
Your girls are so way cute! And your slutty look is nice too...

Unknown said...

what was Steve?

Christine said...

He was my rockstar boyfriend, although he didn't try very hard. A flannel shirt is not a costume : )

Here's a pic of that on facebook.

http://tinyurl.com/ydtj8rj