Saturday, July 01, 2006

What's in a day?

I had the most amazing day ever.

I think maybe I should have played the lottery. Here’s the rundown.

We woke up in the morning, knowing this would be the day we finally sold our house. Hooray. Let’s go garage sale shopping for a bed frame since ours broke and we’re sleeping on a floor mattress like a couple of college hooligans. After a fruitless search, we found a great kid sale and I realized I had lost my wallet. Uhhhh. I bought five books and a toy car for $3. Great stuff.

Minutes later, we got a call that the Greenes have their long-awaited son, Isaac Ray. Such awesome news. Congrats Greene family.

So we go home and Steve leaves for work while I retrace my step looking for my wallet (no luck) and clean my car from top to bottom in the same search, again without success.

Honestly, this story gets better.

So then I get an e-mail from Grist about this idea I have to give up my car for a month and write about it. The editor says great. How ‘bout July.

Seriously? Grist? That is better than any writing assignment I could have hoped for. Sure I’ll start, and do you one better, I’ll start tomorrow.

So for the rest of this month, I’m car free. I’ll be blogging about the experience and taking the bus and freaking out because I’m not sure how I’ll buy toilet paper. What a rush!

So I took Carolyn to the sprinkler park, where I learned we had closed on our house.

When I got home, during dinner, the dry cleaners called to say they had my wallet. AND, I got an e-mal that this vacation place I’m looking into for the fall is $25 a night cheaper than I thought.

Get out of here. What else could go right.

Well… Steve brought home cheap champagne (which is actually sparkling wine for any of you wine snob people who like to talk about this region in France and how the grape has to be grown there and blah, blah, blah) and Jimmy John subs.

See, best day ever.

No comments: