Monday, November 13, 2006

Act your age

I had a great time in Chicago this weekend. It was a little crazy but I feel like I got a lot of staying-at-home stress out of my system.

And it makes coming home a great thing.

And even though I went out with a group of 30-something kids, I'm a much older 30-something and need to set some ground rules.

A 20-something greasy snack: gyros/ A 30-something greasy snack: iceberg lettuce with lots of Italian dressing.

A 20-something night out: clubbing/ A 30-something night out: dinner and a show.

A 20-something drink: Bud Light in a giant plastic mug and a shot of tequila/ A 30-something drink: something other than Bud Light.

A 20-something sleeping arrangement: the floor of an condo owned by a couple you hardly know/ A 30-something sleeping arrangement: a bed.

These are just a few of the rules I didn't quite understand when I ventured out this weekend. But at the rate I'm going, I'll only make it out once more before I have to learn a whole new set of rules.

The 40-something list.

2 comments:

The Jacobs said...

So did the 30-something participate in the 20-something rules, then feel totally old the next day?

Christine said...

Not just the next day, but several days after said day. What's today? Thursday. Well, 30-something feels pretty normal today.