Thursday, November 09, 2006

I love summer

Especially in November, although November Rain is pretty sweet. It's almost 70 degrees here today. You just know all those parents at the playground were skipping chores; but who cares! It might be the last summer-like day of the year.

My friend Dana sent me one of those survey e-mails. Since I just burdened my friends with one of those a few days ago, I'll post it here. Besides, we all secretly know it's more fun to answer them than it is to read them.

If you want me to know more about you, e-mail me your answers at cciwan33@yahoo.com.


1. FULL NAME? Christine Carol Gardner
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? My dad's sister-in-law and my mom's twin. Funny story, my parents intended my middle name to be Carolyn, but my mom was so drugged up after the birth she fell asleep in the middle. Hence, Carol. At least that's how I remember the story.
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? It's been awhile, which is impressive because I'm a crier.
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? No
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? I like Italian subs, so whatever that blend is.
6. KIDS? Two daughters.
7. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? No
8. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? I have two blogs, a column and a freelance magazine job that occasionally allows me to write about my family. I'd say that's a pretty impressive journal.
9. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Never
10. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes
11. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? No, no, no
12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? I don't like cereal, but I occasionally eat a handful of Cheerios.
13. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? No
15. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Peppermint
16. SHOE SIZE? 9
17. RED OR PINK? Red
18. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? My ability to hold a grudge
19. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? Mom and dad, not dead, just far away.
20. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? I hope to read hundreds of surveys in the next two days. Hundreds.
21.WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Khaki pants, brown shirt
22. LAST THING YOU ATE? White rice with soy sauce.
23. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The refrigerator hum, Carolyn not napping
24. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? White, because nobody ever uses white and I would last longer than, say, green.
25. FAVORITE SMELL? Coffee brewing, Cereal City, the beach
26. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Steve, yesterday afternoon.
27. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? Height, intelligence
28. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Yes
29. FAVORITE DRINK? Red wine
30. FAVORITE SPORT? Football
31. EYE COLOR? Blue
32. HAT SIZE? I don't know, but I have a big head.
33. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No
34. FAVORITE FOOD? Tacos, which, I found a place here that makes pork tacos like Nina's with soft corn, cilantro and onions. Hooray.
35. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDING? I prefer sad ending. Weird I know. And I don't like scary.
36. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED AT THE MOVIES? Inconvenient Truth
37. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Brown
38. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer, but I love winter too.
39. HUGS OR KISSES? Hugs (it's probably a passing kid thing)
40. FAVORITE DESSERT? Homemade cookies
41. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? Everybody. I expect hundreds of responses.
42. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? You better respond!!! And I don't want to hear, "I'm soooo busy." Everybody is busy.
43.WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? My friend wrote a chick lit book and I'm reading that.
45. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? I didn't watch TV.
46. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Carolyn singing to herself, Penelope when she's not screaming (and recently, she's always screaming), the beach
47. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES? Beatles
48. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? Aruba
49. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? Guilt.
50. WHEN AND WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Sept. 3, 1973, Royal Oak Michigan.
51.WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? Dana. She's an editor at the Battle Creek Enquirer

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Because I don't feel like working...

1. FULL NAME? Joesph Patrick Stevens
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? St. Joseph, St. Patrick, St. Stevens
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? I am an emotionless robot
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? No
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Mc. Rib
6. KIDS? Two daughters.
7. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? No
8. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? My thoughts are my journal...so...no
9. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT? Maybe
10. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes
11. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Yes
12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Apple Jacks, Frosted Flakes, Lucky Charms, Fruit Loops, Cookie Crisp, BooBerry...
13. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? No
15. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Pink bubblegum
16. SHOE SIZE? 15
17. RED OR PINK? pink
18. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? My face
19. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My first dog, Tasca
20. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU? Nope
21.WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Khaki pants, blue shirt
22. LAST THING YOU ATE? Bag of chips, two packs of Smarties and a Coke. Oh, and Pop Rocks.
23. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Ticking of a clock
24. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Silver or Gold. When I was growing up, we couldn't afford the 64-pack. I was always stuck with the crummy 8-pack. I envied the kids with the 64-pack and all the fancy colors. It had a pencil sharpener in the back!
25. FAVORITE SMELL? marshmellow
26. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My father-in-law. He's fat.
27. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO? Boobs, lack of intelligence
28. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? not really
29. FAVORITE DRINK? Barks root beer
30. FAVORITE SPORT? Xtreme Yo-yo
31. EYE COLOR? Blue
32. HAT SIZE? No clue
33. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? yes
34. FAVORITE FOOD? anything BBQ
35. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDING? Happy endings, but not the kinds that are in the movies...
36. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED AT THE MOVIES? Cars (I took my daughter)
37. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? Blue
38. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer
39. HUGS OR KISSES? Kisses
40. FAVORITE DESSERT? Cereal
41. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND? nobody
42. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND? nobody
43.WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? just finished The Innocent Man, by John Grisham
45. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT? The Office
46. FAVORITE SOUNDS? the ocean
47. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES? Beatles
48. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? San Francisco
49. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? Paddle ball and Yo-yo
50. WHEN AND WHERE WERE YOU BORN? 1975, Fairfax, VA
51.WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? some chick