Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Awkward

A few months ago, I wrote a book proposal about green parenting. While it was not accepted by any of the four agents who read it, they did have some good feedback and advice. One of them told me I should start a Web site, which I'm considering because I'd like to gather all my information in one place and Steve said he'd like to learn to design Web pages.

It would be good practice.

So I suggested to Steve we take our own clip art, which would be generic pictures of whatever I was writing about. The problem is, clip art needs to be very sharp and my camera pretty much blows. As do my photography skills.

So onto awkward. Today, I'm trying unsuccessfully to take some pictures in the backyard. I'm laying on the ground getting photos of the line drying. I'm holding a little basil seedling up to a white towel trying to get a shot of it.

So my neighbor, who appears out of nowhere, says, "So, whatya doing?"

Being weird. Freaking out the neighborhood. Ignoring my kids.

I stammered something about clip art, to which she nodded and walked on. It's really a wonder I don't have more friends.

No comments: