Friday, May 04, 2007

I think I might have killed Fife

It's a sure sign you're a really crappy dog owner when the mailman, the dog's greatest nemesis, stops to tell you your dog looks really beat.

But I had been crammed inside with these too demon children (just kidding, kind of) all day because of rain and it's Friday, which means mommy needs some time alone, so when a break in the storms came through, I was all about getting outside.

Trouble was, it was so nice I just kept walking and walking and walking, until I noticed two things simultaneously: It was about to start raining again and Fife couldn't walk any more than 100 feet at a time without laying down. All this a half mile from home.

We made it. It was never really going to rain. It just looked like it. And I gave Fife some medicine and treats when we got home and he seems to be fine. I bet he even sleeps good tonight.

And just a note. I'm writing this without the use of a left shift key. i knew you'd be impressed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

poor fifer. Getting old sucks, I know. love you fife