Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Why I love Nora Ephron

So maybe I don't understand the baby boomer's obsession with growing older, or rather, the mad fight to not grow older. At the very least, Nora Ephron is honest about it, and funny to boot.

A few months ago, I decided to let my gray grow out. I started going gray in my early 20s and have been dying my hair since before I had a driver's license. And this next quote from the New York Times Magazine by Ms. Ephron makes me love her even more.

Do you think a woman can ever look better with gray hair? Gray hair looks great when you’re about 34.

In a few months, when I turn 34, all my gray will be in and I'll finally be able to see what my hair really looks like. And just in time for Vegas.

Nora better not have lied to me.

1 comment:

slmcanal said...

Hey,
If the gray is streaky it is pretty cool. but if you have a head of gray hair you are NOT going to look 34. You'll look 50+. So ask around.
If you can look better by doing something simple, do it. Like taking a shower. If you have to go through more than an hour of repair to look good you're too vain. There's a limit to the primping, but there's also a limit to non primping. We just have to realize that. I mean you can give the world a break by not looking horrid, but you don't have to get too crazy trying to look like a diva.
Personally, I think gray hair ages men and women more than wrinkles!
Of course, who am I to talk? my gray hair blends into my blond and red without being noticeable. So I don't know the procedure for getting rid of it. Does it take more than an hour???
And what's this about going to Vegas???