Tuesday, September 23, 2008

And then, there was one

I'm not sure why, but it seems I'm only allowed to have one good child.

For the longest time, that child was Carolyn. She was sweet, helpful and always eager to please. At this moment, she's trying to shove a stapler into a glass of water. She's taken to calling Steve, "Steve." This has sent her to her room twice today. She likes to spill water all over the counter under the guise that she's "helping."

Penny, on the other hand, is my new favorite. She just so much fun and so very sweet. She can play by herself for extended periods of time and is always so thankful. Just a few short weeks ago, she screamed if you suggested chocolate ice cream after she demanded strawberry.

At least I should be grateful that I've got one. I see a day, I'm thinking girls at ages 13 and 15, when I've only got prime time television and a gallon of red wine to take the edge off the screaming and fighting and hurling of dinner plates.

No comments: