Thursday, September 25, 2008

Carolyn's first BFF

Carolyn preschool class had a field trip yesterday to the zoo. Penny and I got to tag along, which was fun because Penny was lining up with the class and fitting right in. She was even answering the teacher's questions during circle time. It was super cute.

But the best part was meeting Carolyn's newest best friend. Most of her friends up until now have been kids of moms I like. Or they live nearby. Or she's in swimming class with them.

Jenna is her first "just Carolyn" friend. It was so sweet, watching them walk through the zoo holding hands. I mean, come on... How freakin' adorable is that.

The only problem is, I think I want Jenna to be Carolyn's BFF more than she does. Carolyn also likes Indyiah (pronounced India), the preschool equivalent of Catholic high school's naughty girl (and, trust me, I know that girl). She's actually pretty nice, and her great grandma lives next door to us, so Carolyn's known her for a while.

But sometimes it's hard to forget this girl is 4. She kind of looks like a really tiny tween with her earrings and swishing pony tail and short skirts. Frankly, I prefer Jenna.

This is clearly why Carolyn will decide to declare Indyiah her BFF. I should just keep my mouth shut.

No comments: