Monday, September 29, 2008

Four going on 14

The girls and I were at the mall the other day. Carolyn had this little exchange with the salewoman at the Gap. Who knew a 4-year-old could be snarky?

Saleswoman: So. What do you like to do?
Carolyn: I don't know.
S: Well, do you like to play softball? Do you like television?
C: I don't know.
S: How about the playground. Do you like reading books?
C: I don't know.
Penny: I like school.
Saleswoman: High five for that.
Carolyn rushing to set things straight: She's too little to go to school.
Saleswoman: And you're old enough right. What school do you go to?
Carolyn: I go to preschool.

Earlier, I told Carolyn I didn't have enough money for the Merry-Go-Round at the mall.

Carolyn: Just go to the bank. They'll give you money. It's easy.

Here they are in front of the Merry-Go-Round, climbing on the giant free bear that I'm pretty sure 84 kids have sneezed on.

1 comment:

Julia M. said...

Perhaps you need to explain to Carolyn that the banks *used* to give away money easily but that caused a huge financial crisis so it's no longer so easy... or maybe you could wait a few years -- your call.