Friday, October 10, 2008

Easy Street, thy name is sister

I don't blog much anymore, because it's happened.

I've entered the Golden Age of Parenting, a phrase that I believe should be trademarked immediately because of its most wonderfulness. And it happened exactly 134 days early.

In 134 days, Carolyn will be 5. I always thought 3 and 5 sounded like such lovely ages. No more 2s, which means less diapers, sippy cups and full-blown tantrums. They're both still super cute and obedient. And at 3 and 5, they're old enough to finally play together.

And it happened. At least for this week.

When kids are playing nicely in the playroom (i.e. "Hey Penny, lets play camp out." Penny responds, "Sure! That's great.") and I'm upstairs checking out the latest on the Comics Curmudgeon, I find that parenting is pretty darn easy.

So this week, I baked cookies. I made a pie. I washed the floors and the fingerprinty front door. I watched half a movie in the middle of the afternoon. I (finally) got the bathrooms clean. I made chili. I took the dog for a walk and I nursed at least one hangover after Steve and I (finally) got a babysitter and went out for dinner.

I should go. The girls are fighting.

3 comments:

Sharanya said...

Lol, you really should trademark that!

Eric and Julie said...

You mean I have to wait 2 more years to be on Easy Street?? Sorry we missed you yesterday. I hope Fife is enjoying his vacation on the farm.

The Jacobs said...

I'm currently in the Golden Age of learning to walk and get my first tooth all at once! Not so much golden as amber (like the beer I drink after she's in bed). Hope the girls continue to play well and get along so you can keep blogging!