Thursday, October 30, 2008

The games we play

You know it's a pretty lousy day when having your identity stolen is one of the least annoying things that happens.

That's only kind of true. It was super annoying, it's just that I'm getting a little tired of being trapped inside with sick kids. But I see the light at the end of the stomach flu tunnel (that is just not good imagery).

Yesterday, as Carolyn took her three-hour nap, Penny and I flipped through the mega-catalog from Victoria Secret. Penny and I like to play the "what's the prettiest outfit on this page" game.

About 80 percent of the time, Penny like the scankiest ensemble. No lie. The shorter the skirt, the lower the neckline, the higher the heel — those are fine choices by Penny. Black leather and lace. Penny says, "It's sooooo cute."

Um. Yeah. Just what I was thinking. I might need to cancel Victoria Secret and start requesting catalogs from LL Bean, or one of those old lady stores with lots of stretch pans and holiday decals on sweatshirts.

4 comments:

The Jacobs said...

That's hilarious! Has she seen the Bratz dolls? UGH

Julia M. said...

Ummm... your identity was stolen? What, as in your credit card?

Christine said...

Bratz dolls are gross, but frankly, I'm a little more concerned about Hannah Montana. She likes Barbie, which is bad enough. Don't get me started on princesses.

And yes, but it was our checking account. It's really a huge pain in the neck, but the bank caught it and we're being reimbursed.

I kind of wish someone had decided to impersonate me and become famous, like going on Oprah and Tyra. That would have been more entertaining, I think.

Unknown said...

HEY, THOSE CATALOGS ARE GOOD TOO.