Thursday, October 23, 2008

Vacation blog postgame show

Penny might have been hurling before the big trip, but it was definitely my turn after. As my friend Dana wrote to me yesterday, airplanes are essentially "germ tubes." Mopping up Penny's poop from the bathroom floor of the Air and Space Museum probably didn't help matters either.

My illness (knocking on wood) seems to have been short lived. I was overcome by fever and chills about 3 o'clock yesterday at the playground and woke up this morning feeling kind of fine. Steve, the best husband ever, was able to come home early and get the kids to bed. He found me and the kids in our bed, at 4:30, watching Peter Pan II when he got home.

But thank goodness everybody was relatively OK during the trip. That would have been disaster. And the weekend is coming up. Just in time for Steve to fight that nasty little bug living in our house.

See... This is why I hate winter.

3 comments:

Eric and Julie said...

I agree with Dana. Whenever we fly or visit the pediatrician's office, within a few days somebody comes down with a cold. I cringe when Isaac plays with the toys at the doc's office, and I try to wash his hands as soon as we're in the exam room. Makes me want to move to Montana and homeschool the kids sometimes.

Eric and Julie said...

I meant to add that I hope you are feeling better soon!

Christine said...

I'm fine like strawberry wine, but now poor Penny is sick again. Now I fear for the rest of the family. Steve's thinking about sleeping at the newsroom : )