Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Gobble, gobble

I'm really happy not to be cooking a turkey this year, because by noon, I'm going to need a nap.

Steve and I found a great deal on a flat-screen television ON Thanksgiving Day. I'm hoping everybody is too busy cooking to worry about getting up at 5 a.m. to snag a television on which we will watch the Lions lose.

After I get home, it's on to the Turkey Trot 5K. It'll be about 34 degrees. Practically a heat wave by Central Illinois standards. By 11, I'll just be getting home.

Whew. I'm just really happy for our family's all appetizer Thanksgiving. I have the best family ever, despite the fact the girls at this moment are arguing about a decorative couch pillow I bought five years ago on clearance at Target.

In the words of Bill Crosby, "Stop touching me."

1 comment:

Eric and Julie said...

I'm glad to not be cooking a turkey, too, but we'll be traveling instead. Have fun shopping ON Thanksgiving day. I plan to shop from my couch on Black Friday, even though I'll be up at 4am anyway. Hope you have a great day!