Monday, November 10, 2008

Random stuff

There's not too much new to report. It got cold, again, so I'm trying to mentally adjust to the coming winter. I just ran a 5K in 34 degree weather, and set a PR of 27:55, so I guess I'll do OK in the cold. It's just the constant dressing and undressing of little-kid winter gear that I really, really hate.

Penny is finally (and I cannot emphasize that word enough) potty trained. So no more diapers, unless somebody leaves a baby on our doorstep, which is highly unlikely. They would see how disheveled our kids look and leave him/her two doors down.

Carolyn loves the word awesome. As in, Awwww-some. Let's go to the park... Awwww-some. Do you want some candy? Awwww-some. Maybe we should head over to California where she can be both awesome and gnarly, even if those things are opposites and she'll never be blond.

Halloween came and went. I'm sad to report all the chocolate candy is already gone. Here's some pictures. Awwww-some.


7 comments:

Eric and Julie said...

Great pictures. Penny looks like she's texting on her cell phone in the last one. Good job on the 5k. That's awww-some.

Christine said...

Thanks for reading my blog. I was just thinking that nobody reads it anymore since I joined the evil, addictive Facebook. Poor blog.

No cell phone. Not yet, not soon.

Sharanya said...

That last picture looks like its an illustration for A Midsummer Night's Dream! I love the way they're posing.

The Jacobs said...

Not a mathematician but isn't that less than 10-minute miles? You're my hero.

Girls look A-dor-able. Words mean so much more when de-syllabitized. Like that word?

Christine said...

It's a straight up 9-minute mile. I was as surprised as everybody else who might know me. When I finished the first mile, and they said 8 minutes 30 seconds, I about fainted. Anyway, what you wrote is weird because you're my hero.

Julia M. said...

BTW, kids in California don't say gnarly anymore. The new word is "hella." An urban dictionary gave me an example (since I can't use the word myself, it's just not my dialect): "This party is hella chill." This means that it's a good party.

The Jacobs said...

Where did you get the tutus? Did you make them? I'm thinking about making one for Payton's first birthday (crazy, I know.)