Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Penny

Penny turns 3! I'm so happy to be done with the 2s. To be done with diapers. Done with sippy cups and plastic plates. Done with terrible 2 tantrums.

Don't get me wrong, I miss the baby stuff, but it feels kind of nice to have regained some semblance of the "me" I was before birthing babies.

Steve asked me if I feel old today, having a 3 and 4 year old. He asked me if I'll feel old when they're 32 and 33, and I said yes, but I've rethought this. I probably won't feel old. The older I get, the less I'm sure what this so-called "old" is supposed to feel like. Does it feel achy? Does it feel close to death? Does it feel all wise and knowing? Because if the answer is yes, I've felt all those things at very "young" stages in my life. And feeling young is kind of like feeling stupid. And I feel stupid all the time, so maybe I won't feel that way anymore when I'm old.

Anyway... We gave Penny a Tiffany bank today like the one her sister has. I always felt bad that Carolyn had such a lovely bank and Penny had a plastic bag filled with pennies, so I finally got her one. I got it on eBay and saved almost $50 over the price from Tiffanys, so Yeah!

Carolyn got Penny a baby doll, and she is in love. That's all she wants to play with today and I think it's very touching. Here are a few pics, including our annual birthday photos of the girls in my grown-up dress so we can watch them grow into them. Here's how she looked at 1, and at 2, and today...




No comments: