Thursday, April 16, 2009

Scaring the shit out of your 5-year-old, part 2

Steve took the girls out today and, as is his wont, had the radio tuned to crazy right-wing talk shows. Let it never be said that Rush Limbaugh isn't a family-friendly kind of guy.

At one point Carolyn asks Steve, "What's a baby killer?"
Steve tell her that nobody kills babies.
"They were joking?"
Yes, of course they were joking.
"Do jerks kill babies?"
No, not even jerks kill babies. She ponders this for a minute.
"Because they aren't strong enough?"

4 comments:

slmcanal said...

I finally got caught up on your blog. Geez I let that go a long time!
Well, my favorite thing is showing the squished squirrel and using it as a lesson to be learned. Yeah, I remember doing something like that too. I wish I could have been there for Easter. It sounds like it was yummy.

Kristin said...

There's nothing wrong with the radio shows. If it wasn't for them those of us that are conservative out here wouldn't get any real info from the media. Go Steve....but maybe find Radio Disney when you have the kids in the car...

Christine said...

I hate to break this to you Kristin, but Steve likes to listen because he thinks it's fun to find the giant holes in their arguments. Kind of like shooting fish in a barrel, but everybody needs a hobby.

G said...

LOL! :)