Friday, April 24, 2009

A week of ugh

A little case of the sick hit our house this week. Ugh. While none of us stayed in terrible shape for too long, it seems climbing out of this funk into a state of complete wellness has taken longer than I expected. Definitely longer than I wanted

Anyway, we did venture out today, with disastrous results. Carolyn came down with a case of the clumsies at the playground. She was playing with an older girl while I anxiously watched Penny tackling larger and larger ladders. Then I saw Carolyn whimpering with a group of moms standing around her, of course, and they said she fell and hurt her back. And it was scraped up pretty good.

Carolyn was more frantic about not being able to find me than the injury. She said, "All the other mommies were watching over their sweethearts." Good grief. By the time we left, she had hurt herself twice more, which is really pretty uncommon for her and more of a Penelope kind of thing.

Then, after moving to a quieter playground (we were the only ones there, sweet bliss) and off to downtown for lunch, I realized I forgot my wallet at home.

Doh! That is such a rooky mistake. There was so much screaming and crying on the bike ride home (some of it even came from the girls) that we were all spent by the time we got in the house. Both girls are still sleeping two hours later, if that's any indication on how the morning went.

We are an at-home kind of trio this afternoon. Besides. I have windows and screens to wash and gardening to tend to. Oh joy. But at least I can lock the girls in their bedrooms when they start screaming here.

1 comment:

Julia M. said...

All that falling and scraping sounds awful to me. I remember being 4 or 5 and falling out of a hammock. I believe it was my first headache. I've been scared of hammocks ever since :) I hope Carolyn (and you) have recovered from all the falls and crying!