Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Birthday awesomeness

I was not looking forward to my birthday this year. But here's just another example of how my kids and husband made this an extra special day.

Homemade card from Carol:
Dear mommy. I love you. You are the center of my eye. I hope nothing goes wrong on your birthday. You're the best mom I know. Yours truly. Carol.

Homemade card from Penny (with spelling fixed. Sheesh Penny. You're 6. Learn to spell already.):
Dear mom. Happy Birthday! What do you want to do? I want you to open the presents. If you say no, then I guess go outside. Just kidding. Guess what my present is. You don't have to. Love. Penny. 

4 comments:

Eric and Julie said...

Happy birthday! Aren't we at the age now where we are just thankful to be having another birthday? Hopefully, there was wine!

ccgardner said...

Thanks Julie. Yes! I'm happy to have wine. And yes! Also happy not to be dead.

Unknown said...

Happy super belated b-day! I am so glad I found your blog again - I've missed you :).
We moved my step-daughter to college a few weeks ago and it made me think of you. Ahhh to do the college life all over again.
You are an awesome mom! XXXOOO
Heather M

Christine said...

Oh my gosh Heather. You have a daughter going to college! How exciting and strange. I miss you too. You were always such an inspiration to me. Hope you and the college kid, the high school kid, the girl, the twins and all the rest are super awesome-terrific.