Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Bored at work

So I guess I only blog after a) having a ridiculously awesome picture of myself to post, b) having a cute picture of the girls to post or c) when I'm bored at work.

Guess which one this?

We are SO busy now that the girls are back in school. Soccer is big at our house this year. BIG. Penny scored two, almost three, goals at her first game. She was so good, the coach moved her to defense. Steve said that's a first for a Gardner -- getting moved to defense for being TOO good.

Carol was her typical what-ev self at first. At FIRST... Before Steve bribed her with the iPad. Then she became the best soccer player on her team, scoring one of the two goals scored that game, and assisting on the other. Bummer for me, I missed that one.

School is also busy. Carol is working on a paper about the praying mantis. And Penny is this week's Friend of the Week. That's a BIG deal in first grade. Only, today, the first day of the big week, her day sort of sucked. She's sick. She didn't present anything to the class because she wanted to wait for Carol to come to her class. Carol called her stupid in front of her friends, and they laughed. All really sucky stuff.

So I bought her a smoothie at McDonalds. Because sometimes a smoothie helps.

And then our sewer exploded, but that's not really something I want to think/write/talk about. Because it's smelly. And works has been busy. Well. Not tonight. But in general.

I usually like to end with something quippy, but tonight, I'll j....

2 comments:

Julia M. said...

Ohhhh! That stuff with sisters that I'll never know or really understand.... I hope they worked it out and that Penny's week started to get better. Oh, and awesome about the soccer savvy sisters (can I TM that? :-P). I'm pretty sure that no one in the McNamara family was very good at sports either... so it's really a first for both sides of the gene pool!

ccgardner said...

What? We are incredibly athletic. INcredibly (I was going to make that all capitals, but my fingers weren't strong enough to sustain the entire word, which, you'll have to admit, is a pretty long word).