Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Pay to relax the day away

Today, I went to my first yoga class since the girls were born. All I could think about was the standup routine by Ellen DeGeneres, who said people who took yoga were paying for silence. Busy, busy, busy, she said of we Americans. She said people are searching for places to just stop.

I was in yoga the other day. I was in full lotus position. My chakras were all aligned. My mind is cleared of all clatter and I'm looking out of my third eye and everything that I'm supposed to be doing. It's amazing what comes up, when you sit in that silence. 'Mama keeps whites bright like the sunlight, Mama's got the magic of Clorox 2.’


There you have it. Mommies paying to nap. Although, this yoga class got pretty intense in the middle and my arms, which I thought were pretty strong from carting the girls around, were shaking during the fourth dog pose. They’re still a little shaky and I suspect will be sore tomorrow.

Since our Battle Creek summer home, which is still for sale and only a half mile from a beach, has been weighing heavily on the pocketbook, Steve and I are in major cash-saving mode. I put up a clothes line outside to cut on energy costs, and make our sheets smell sunshine fresh. We agreed -— no skivvies. Carolyn’s making adequate progress on potty training but still fights me to sit on it. I tried explaining how much diapers cost, but she thinks money… well, she really doesn’t think about money. And I made a coffee cake to help satisfy my recently activated sweet tooth, cutting down on trips to the ice cream shop.

We stayed home for the entire Memorial Day weekend and it was really nice. Cheap and nice. We hung out in the backyard, grilled hotdogs and played in Carolyn’s kiddy pool.

Ah summer. Thanks for coming.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

Anonymous said...

Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
»