Friday, May 26, 2006

Sunshine girls

Sunshine girls

Yesterday I got a little care package from my mom. I didn’t leave the state for college, join the military or ever live in Africa, so my mom is making up for lost care package time. She sent three shirts. Three bright yellow shirts. So today, we’re walking around town as the sunshine girls.

It’s funny about matching outfits. Penny is two days shy of six months old and I have never once in her life put her in an outfit that matches Carolyn’s.

I’m not sure why I don’t dress them up more. Maybe I’m just not that girl. Maybe I don’t want to draw attention to us, which doesn’t work because people are always stopping us to gawk at the girls. Maybe I have no sense of fashion.

Yes. It’s that last one. I have no sense of style.

Well, a three-day weekend is almost upon us. I can’t wait. It’s been a long week and I’m ready for a little stay-at-home family time with only the sprinkler, the grill and the backyard to burden us.

No comments: