Wednesday, August 02, 2006

SHUT...IT...OFF

I just don't think it's right, when...

you've been without a car for a month and unable to get to the gym because the buses don't run out that far, especially for an 8:30 a.m. yoga class,

because you would have had to catch the 6:45 a.m. bus with the girls, transfer, all while pushing the everybody-on-this-bus-hates-you stroller, and then walk two miles in temperatures the weather people have deemed, "dangerous heat"

that when you return with the sole purpose of listening to the melodic insights of this one particular yoga teacher, because you're pretty sure she's the only person on the planet who can sweep the clutter from upstairs so you can begin writing a massive story for a national online mag, which is probably read by Al Gore's people,

there's some other, decidedly less cerebral, workout-girl yoga teacher instead.

This girl didn't care about my clutter. She didn't let me decide my goal for the morning. She didn't have any lessons for me.

All she cared about was my stupid core. I don't need to work on my core, lady, I need to work on cleaning up a little clutter.

And with a 30-second "deep relaxation" ending, all I learned today is that life is disappoointing.

1 comment:

Alotta Errata said...

argh. total bummer. Perhaps she was more of a pilates girl, that is very core centric. Good yoga uses your whole body and mind.

After all that work to get there I would have been tempted to relax my fist into her core. but that is not very yoga-like now is it?