Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Post holiday glow

Today, I was a woman on a mission. I took down all the Christmas decorations. I rearranged the living room. I collected an entire tub of toys for storage. I took in the recycling, including from Christmas. I cleaned the 5,000 tree needles hiding strategically throughout the house.

And I managed to save 75 percent off a wreath at Target's last-ditch sale, go to the park (twice) and watch the Simpson's. I love the end of the holiday season.

It just feels wrong. Who hates Christmas decorations? The endless shopping and eating? The constant stream of gifts?

Well, it's not that I hate them, really. OK maybe a little. I just love resumed order. I love the workweek and its cyclical nature. I love no longer sharing my living room with a tree.

So farewell Christmas/New Year's holiday. Maybe we'll see you around next year.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know what you mean, I like that everything in back to normal and places are cleaned that you never clean in the summer time. Bye bye Christmas, see ya next year.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I loved having the big Christmas tree and was sad when I had to put it down. I mean it seemed so bare and glum after all the decorations were down. i love putting it up, but it is way too much work taking everything down