Thursday, January 04, 2007

Rainy days and Thurdays

It's not that I don't like rain. I do. I like sleeping to the sound of rain, watching movies to the pitter-patter of raindrops against the window and snuggle up to a large cheesy pizza. Since it's impossible for me to do any of these things with kids, rain has become an effort in frustration.

We went out despite the drizzle. I had the car today (Steve, by the way, has been a real trooper about this one-car thing) so we went to the library. We had loads of fun there. I even kind of hung out with this woman who seemed a lot like me (she knew about the good parking spot AND also needed to fess up to losing a book) and because she was like me, she really didn't know how to spark an interesting conversation. Or maybe she just wasn't that in to me...

Anyhow, it was kind of fun because Penelope and her little girl were playing together, which was totally cute. Penny was kind of following this other kid around and they ended up sitting together watching fish while Carolyn and I did a puzzle.

Since Carolyn was in , "Mommy. Sit here with ME. Play with ME. Sit down mommy" mode, it was nice to have Penelope distracted for a few minutes. And for Penny, nothing's more fun than sitting. Sitting rocks.

No comments: