Monday, January 08, 2007

When I was 2 years old...

...I threw my very first tantrum. I threw my very first tantrum by crying all day. I had no interest in play.

I would not do as told... When I was 2 years old.

It seems like Carolyn would understand not to dump a whole glass of water on the living room coffee table. Not to steal her sister's beloved blankie and then taunt her with it. Not to eat butter or hit me on the head with a screwdriver or try and ride Fife across the living room.

But, she's still 2, at least for another month. What's kind of new, and I fear progressive, is her ignoring my direction until I break into Mother Dearest screeches.

And I have to feel a little bad that she cried for an hour today over a teddy bear we couldn't find. How sad is that? Disappointment, I'm afraid, has begun.

Just wait until she discovers what an ass I am... Poor girl.

1 comment:

Gina Wieboldt said...

ah yes! a 2yr old little girl! I sometimes have to stop myself mid-screaming at my daughter and say "what are you 2 yrs old?", and then I can laugh at my own anger and irritation!! (and I'm pretty sure my little smarty-pants knows how much of an ass I am!!)