Monday, January 08, 2007

Yessie Messy

Here's a little piece from the NY Times article, "Say Yes To Mess."

"Studies are piling up that show that messy desks are the vivid signatures of people with creative, limber minds (who reap higher salaries than those with neat "office landscapes") and that messy closet owners are probably better parents and nicer and cooler than their tidier counterparts."

I'd like to say, "Oh yeah. That's me."

But truth is, I like neat. I think the organization movement is the best thing to happen to families this decade. I just bought a shelving system so Carolyn could learn how to put her toys away properly.

Fun? No. Cool? No

Able to find stuff? Yes. I mean no. Sadly, no....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh that is so true. I organize and file away and clean away and I still spend an hour trying to locate something I know I put away in a 'safe' place. How fraustrating is that. still I continue to be better organized. I buy organziers, file folders, baskets and what not.