Saturday, January 27, 2007

When Frosty melts

Carolyn is having a really hard time dealing with Frosty's slow and obviously painful death. Right outside her bedroom window, Carolyn has watched our snowman conform to neighborhood celebrity to object of pity. And, maybe later today, subject of mercy.

Yesterday, when temperatures reached into the 40s, the poor thing actually fell over and Carolyn insisted I "fix" him. So I put the melty, dirty snow back together as well as I could, including the head, which I constructed from the snowball-sized noggin of the original snowman along with the mostly melted baby snowman. Eww.

Today, when even the baby hat fell off, Carolyn again asked to fix the snowman. So I explained that snowmen go away when it gets warm but come back every time it snows.

She thought about this for a minute and finally said, "Frosty's broken. The sun did it."

Now I know how Karen from "Frosty the Snowman" felt. I've posted my version of the missing scene from that holiday cartoon, on my Web site, www.gardnerwrites.com

No comments: