Saturday, April 05, 2008

Growing girls

Both girls spent today, the most beautiful of spring days, being super awesome. They were great at the grocery store. They were great at the playground. They are just great.

Here's my favorite today moments.

Penelope, without prompting and just because I think she thought it, told me she really liked my haircut when I returned from my hair appointment today. She said, "Your haircut is really pretty."

Steve, who I thought had set her up, seemed equally surprised. He said it was really nice of her to notice...

Then Carolyn finally got up the courage, with Steve's help, to ask the neighbor kids if she could come over and play on their jungle gym. She went over by herself and was the best guest ever. "I love your slide. I really like this over here," she'd tell the older Jordan. Carolyn was just a little sweetheart.

Just feeling really hopeful. That's what a little sun, and red wine, will do to ya.

2 comments:

Julia M. said...

I want to see your haircut too!

The Jacobs said...

Post a pic of the hairdo.