Saturday, April 26, 2008

Toy story

The girls and I hopped on the bike yesterday and hit some garage sales.

Penelope immediately found a Little People house that she knelt beside and refused to abandon. For $5, it was the perfect second-hand find.

But it brings me to my dilemma. Toys. We have too, too, too many toys. Perhaps it's because I, the only child of a shopaholic, gave birth to two beautiful girls providing fodder to the desire to spoil little girls. Or maybe, the toys get busy when we're not looking and multiply at a frenzied rate. Or many, I'm a lousy housewife and just don't clean out the toy chests often enough.

But it does not explain the clusters of stuff. There are a few (many, many) categories of toys taking over the girls' rooms, the basement, the living room and one of the bathrooms.

They include:

Horses. I believe Carolyn might have fancied horses for about a week sometime in early 2007.


Bunnies. This might be Easter related. Also, I have no idea why this is underlined.


Ducks. Also, perhaps, Easter related. Also part of our Barnyard overload.

Little People. I think I mentioned this.



The list also includes kitty cats, wild cats (leopards, cheetahs, tigers), dogs, teddy bears and dollys. I'm thinking a garage sale is our best option at this point.

1 comment:

The Jacobs said...

I like how you got all the toys together for photos. You cleverly lined them up like it was class pictures or something. You even have a ducky background for the duckies!