Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring cleanup

Every year I look in the backyard as spring approaches and think, "Who in the hell is going to clean this up? Who has the time, what with all the playgrounds to visit and bike rides to take." The answer will probably be me. This year seemed like an impossibly big task, evidenced by this poor Little People person, discovered among the wounded.


So I looked back at last year about this time, and it turns out this mess is probably less horrible than last year, which was much wetter. Sticks and mud are one thing. Reseeding a whole portion of our yard due to flood is another.

And plus, I already got the garage tackled. Mostly.

On to more exciting news, I wanted to mention Carolyn's recent obsession with Hannah Montana. She has never actually seen the show, but is recently in love with her music, or anything on the radio that resembles pink bubblegum or rainbow-colored unicorns. I'm not discouraging her new attraction, although I have no intention of letting her watch a show that focuses on the love lives of hot Disney stars, but I even let her create her own Hannah Montana Pandora station.

It is the worst, and I am in no way exaggerating, worst music I have ever heard. I think this is what getting old sounds like. But I can't help but smile a tiny bit as Carolyn "thumbs up" her favorite ear-piercing pop songs.

Rock on...

3 comments:

Joe Stevens said...

It has begun.

The Hannah Montana/High School Musical/Jonas Brothers Disney tween invasion has entered your household...as it's done ours.

The worst part is, at some point you're going to find yourself humming along to one if their crappy songs and think "Hey. This isn't half bad."

It's going to happen. Trust me.

Eric and Julie said...

Eric recently discovered Pandora. I've never checked it out, but I knew that you really liked it. He thought he was pretty cool and hip, and I felt bad telling him that Pandora has been around for awhile.

And the Little Person? Attack of the lawnmower?

Christine said...

That's mostly likely the work of my mom's dog, Buster. As Carolyn likes to say, "He thinks all the toys belong to him."