Thursday, March 12, 2009

I'm tired of running in the cold

Since giving up Facebook for Lent, I've had a lot of random thoughts and things happen that I haven't been able to share with the World(WideWeb). For instance, Steve and I attended an all day Christian Sexuality workshop in order to have our marriage blessed. We're getting "married" on March 22. We haven't registered for anything and would prefer checks. Thanks.

Speaking of March 22, that starts off spring break week. Now I'm thinking maybe I should again move up my Michigan trip to March 23 so I don't have to hear "Do I have school today?" from Carolyn 5,000 times a day. It would give me a chance to pick up those checks in person.

Carolyn got in trouble at swimming yesterday for telling Little Annie, who is just as cute as her name suggests, "You're not the boss of me."

While giving up Facebook has been relatively simple, giving up beer and wine has been much more difficult. Some might say this is a sign of alcoholism. I say I need the carbs because of all my hard-core training (see title).

I need just one more OK to buy those plane tickets I've got my eye on. Nonstop to California, baby!

Since I'm not on Facebook, I have much less communication with the outside world. While this is sort of sad, it did help me get up and go talk to the popular swim team moms yesterday. Anyway, please start e-mailing me. I feel sort of unloved.

3 comments:

Joe Stevens said...

It's good to find out that you guys will finally be married after all these years :)

Kristin and I also went through the "marriage retreat" thingy for the Catholic Church before our wedding. Loads of fun. So will you guys go through an actual ceremony? With communion and all?

Christine said...

I can't have communion until I go to confession, which I'm going to do in a few weeks. I expect it to go something like this:

Forgive me Father for I have sinned. It's been 25 years since my last confession and I've lived a pretty colorful life. You might as well get comfy.

Julia M. said...

Yay! You (plural) are coming to visit! Hurry up and get here already! ;)