Thursday, March 30, 2006

Busy, busy, busy

We were busy girls today. The gym. A couple of stores. Lunch.

OK. I guess we weren't that busy. But here I am, morning gone.

I'd like to take a moment to recognize the significant contributions of one Steve Gardner. Loving husband and father. Busy executive. Cool guy.

When I was pregnant, most of caring for Carolyn fell to him. He was, like, the best. He took her out almost daily and they became best buds.

Obviously, I think very highly of Steve.

But, it pains me to admit there's something about him that irks me to no end. His ability to sleep.

I wake up when Penny rolls over. I wake up when the heater kicks on. I wake up when a dream reminds me I didn't finish the dishes last night.

Steve, on the other hand, could sleep through a newborn baby screaming as if on the verge of death.

Oh wait, he has.

We love him anyway.

We're getting ready to go to a wedding this weekend. It's my first time in Cincinnati. I'm very excited.

1 comment:

The Jacobs said...

hey there,
I called yesterday. Sorry i didn't make it to visit. We've had some crazy turn of events lattely. Things are getting better, though. I do hope to visit soon.

I'm trying to get my blog back up again. I'm awful at posting daily.

Miss you guys - and yes, Carolyn looks like Boo!