Monday, March 20, 2006

Spring Clean

March 20. The first day of spring. Of course, snow is in the forecast.

We had a busy moring, running around for groceries and cleaning supplies. Here's my dirty little secret of the day... I went to Wal-Mart.

Oh how I hate Wal-Mart. It gets me to thinking that all photo frames should be $2. Who needs a beautiful piece of art when we can have, like, 100 picture frames adorning our walls.

In my defense, I needed bleach, SOS pads and milk. What is a semi-busy houswife to do??

Then Carolyn, Penny and I went to the post office. We started heading toward the library when the cold winter, oh sorry, "spring" wind started hitting our rosy cheeks and we abandoned the plan in exchange for a little train building action in our warm and cozy basement. Not a one of us was wearing a winter coat. Bad mommy. Bad.

I better get started on dinner. I'm making a 50s style dinner of a ham and rice ring. It calls for canned mushroom soup, but I think I'll prepare my own to cut down on the sodium, so I need to get working on it pretty soon.

And I figured out a great way to cut down on oil when making Carolyn's favorite lunchtime snack, quesadillas. Brush the tortillas with oil instead of pouring it directly into the pan. It works great....

No comments: