Thursday, March 23, 2006

Train spotting


There's something very satisfying about building a train rail and seeing those little blue and green trains go up hills and under tunnels. Probably some God complex thing going on there. It gets really bad when Carolyn wants to help me build the block tower and I say "No. Not there."


That's just not right. But doesn't it look COOL??!!

The library in Normal is nice, but I miss Battle Creek. You can only take out movies for three days and it costs a dollar. And the movie sectioin is totally disorganized. But the little kid play room is nice and the book selection is pretty good.

My final observation is about pork chops.

Unless you buy those beautiful, thick chops and brine them, season them, fry them and bake them, they just come out tough. My 20-minute chops, taken from a recipe by the fool-proof geniuses at Cooks Illustrated, were like leather. Steve loved them, but not for me.

Anyway, the mustard sage sauce rocked.

No comments: